I've been watching fall trend reports and have made a list of trend predictions for fall/winter of 2012. I expect you will see:
- Bold Stripes- Remember color blocking? It’s not over yet. Look for bold contrasting colors and wide stripes like this: (American Outfitters)
- Gray with Splashes of Bright Colors- For me, gray is a fall/winter staple. Make it really pop by adding bright colors, like yellow or fuschia: (Lili Gaufrette)
- Preppy College Feel with Punk Inspiration: Does back to school get any cuter? A slightly more professional look with a fun feel still appropriate for kids. Don’t forget the dots! (Lili Gaufrette)
- Military inspired- stock up on buttons! Structured jackets and button adorned sailor style skirts are coming your way: Don’t forget the bright colors! (Miss Blumarine)
- Mish mash prints-If you are already a fan of stripwork and patchwork, then this look is for you. Quit playing it safe with your fabric combos and allow your designs to get funky like this look from Monsoon.
- Woodland Creatures- Woodland Creatures have been a fall staple for at least a couple of years now. Owl, bear, fox, and hedgehogs have been some of the fall favorites. I recently had a customer request for owls this fall and my daughter has a super cute hedgehog skirt set, (never thought I’d say that, but it’s true!) I don’t think we have seen the last of the woodland critters. Do you have plans to include them in your fall designs? (Cath Kidston)
- Decorative Embellishments. We already love ruffles, so keep ‘em coming! In addition to ruffles look for sweet decorative details like the bordered embroidery on this sweet dress (Mini Boden)
- Fairy Tale Inspired Looks- I see woodland creatures, bright colors and a mish mash of prints and decorative embellishments as seen in the Once Upon a Time collection by Servane Barrau. Definitely fit for a princess or your favorite fairy tale heroine.
Glitter & Shine in Winter Dresses: Want to get a jump on your holiday designs? This winter it’s all about the bling. Shiny, sequin adorned dresses were all over the fall kids fashion runways. In this category this dress is one of my favorites, on trend and still demure. (Baby CZ) Too add another fall trend, add a shearling wrap. Fur is also hot this fall.
This is what I am seeing for fall children’s fashion trends. I hope this list helps you plan and inspires beautiful and fun creations for fall. Now it’s time for the fun part- to chat it up! What did I miss? Anything you disagree with? Anything you would like to add? We invite you to make yourselves at home here at Goosebook. Your participation will make us great! Please join in.
Added Bonus -Color Pallette-
Row 1: Sphinx Persian Red Imperial Purple Windsor Wine
Row 2: Chili Pepper Tortoise Shell Peppercorn Chocolate Brown
Row 3: Lead Rabbit Atlantic Deep Black Iris
Row 4: Red Burnt Henna Greener Pastures Black Ink
American Outfitters, Cath Kidston, Monsoon : http://www.smudgetikka.com/
Mini Boden Fall 2012 Preview: http://www.lilsugar.com/Fall-2012-Mini-Boden-Preview-23153815
Lili Gaufrette Fall Winter 2012: http://www.smudgetikka.com/2012/06/08/lili-gaufrette-previews-fallwinter-2012-cute-kidswear-and-a-magical-setting/
Child Mode Fall/Winter Showcase: http://www.childmode.com/2012/03/30/petiteparade-vogue-bambini-showcase-2012-fallwinter-kids-fashions-during-kids-fashion-week/
Servane Barrau Designs- http://www.servanebarraudesigns.com/